‘public’ schema and Slony
While setting up Slony the other day I found this weird problem…
I had like 8 schemas in my database and no schema named as ‘public’ and while trying to setup Slony for that specific database, during the INIT cluster step it started giving problems like…
“No schema available to setup objects”
I had no idea that its just a case of not having ‘public’ schema in there and as soon as I added an empty public schema, everything seemed to work fine and I was able to setup 8 sets for my 8 schemas and replication worked nicely as well.
Update: Just found out the problem came as I have deleted the public schema but the user’s search_path was defaulting to ‘public’ and changing that fixed the problem.